Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The hardest word

Sorry seems to be the hardest word. In most cases, but not for me today. Its been a day that's ended with a lot of fingers pointing at me, and for some, I'd shamefully say, not without good reason too.

So this post is dedicated to all those whose feelings I've carelessly trod on today or sometime in the recent past which has brought about the wrath, bitterness, sarcasm, or worse, hurt of those who mean a lot to me.

To you, loved one, I'm sorry I have snapped at you. I have not treated you as a you deserve, and I'm sorry to have used you as a punching bag in trying times. You are afterall, not a mindreader. It's just that your unwavering support has sometimes surprised, but always meant the most to me; so much that I forget you are human too.

To my best friend, I am sorry that I let you down, possibly in a small way but one that I know hurt you. You know my intent was far from it, but I know I could have averted it. Sometimes it is hardest to crystallize in words how very valueable something is, especially for one close to the heart. It is not the same for a beautiful past. I only ask you to accept when I make it up to you.

To a sweet friend, I'm sorry I took you for granted. I don't know if you ever will read this, but believe me, ironic as it may be, people only take those they are fondest of, for granted.

To you, buddy, in over half a decade of our solid friendship, I'm sorry you missed dinner with that pretty girl for me today, just to not have me there either. I promise to make it up to you.

No comments: